- Next story Warrent against district collector issued by mhc judge Barathidasan
- Previous story A petition has been filed in the Supreme Court seeking implementation of Citizenship Amendment Act, 2019 (CAA) and for action against those who caused damage to life and property, and the parties who allegedly instigated them, in light of the ongoing protests that broke out against CAA.
- Plastic review Review Application No.89 of 2019 in W.P.No.34065 of 2018 S.VAIDYANATHAN,J. AND P.T.ASHA,J. Today, when the matter was taken up for hearing, Mr.V.R.Kamalanathan, learned counsel representing the Madras Bar Association; Mr.C.K.Chandrasekar, learned counsel representing the Bar Council of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry as well as Madras High Court Advocates’ Association and Mr.V.Chandrasekar, learned Central Government Standing Counsel
- Musings on Melodious Music Narasimhan Vijayaraghavan The story behind the photograph, as narrated by Chozhanadan, is that Lata having arrived in Madras shortly after the release of Gemini’sAvvaiyar, was taken to see the
- HONOURABLE MR.JUSTICE R.MAHADEVAN and THE HONOURABLE MR.JUSTICE J.SATHYA NARAYANA PRASAD W.P.(MD)No.22574 of 2022 P.Markandan .. Petitioner Versus 1.The Commissioner, Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Department, Uthamar Gandhi Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai- 600 034. 2.The Joint Commissioner, Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Department, 14/1, Thiruvandran Road, Palayamkottai, Thirunelveli – 627 002. 3.The Assistant Commissioner, Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Department, Alagesapuram, Near American Hospital Roundtana, Thoothukudi – 628 002. 4.The Joint Commissioner-cum-Executive Officer, Arulmigu Subramania Swamy Temple, TB Road, Tiruchendur, Thoothukudi – 628 215. 5.SrilaSri 27th Guru Maha Sannithanam, Dharmapuram Adheenam, Dharmapuram, Mayiladuthurai – 609 311. 6.The District Collector, National Highway 7A, PSP Nagar, Korampallam, Thoothukudi – 628 101. 7.The Municipal Commissioner, 44, Palai Road, Tiruchendur, Thoothukudi – 628 215. 8.The Joint Commissioner, HR & CE Department, Alageshapuram, Near Americal Hospital Roundtana, Tuticorin – 628 002. 9.The Sub Registrar, TB Road, Thiruchendur, Tuticorin – 628 215. .. Respondents
- THE HONOURABLE MR. JUSTICE R. MAHADEVAN and THE HONOURABLE MR.JUSTICE J. SATHYA NARAYANA PRASAD Writ Petition (MD) No. 20418 of 2015 and MP(MD) No. 1 of 2015 Velmurugan .. Petitioner Versus The Commissioner Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowment Department Nungambakkam, Chennai. For Petitioner : Mr.P.Rajkumar For Respondents : Mr. P. Subbaraj Special Government Pleader for RR1 & 4 Mr. M. Muthugeethayan for RR2 & 3 Mr. S. Meenachi Sundaram, Senior Advocate for Mr. R.T. Arivukumar for R5 Mr.T.Selvan for R6 ORDER MAHADEVAN, J. Therefore, in such circumstances, this court deems it appropriate to direct the respondent authorities to undertake a comprehensive survey and/or audit of the temple properties in and around Tiruchendur Temple and ascertain the nature of encroachment and/or alienation of the same. If there is any encroachment, immediate action shall be resorted to by invoking Section 78 of the HR&CE Act,
- THE HONOURABLE MR.JUSTICE S.M.SUBRAMANIAM W.P.No.22071 of 2017. For Petitioners : Mr.Dr.R.Gouri For Respondents : For R1 : Mr.T.K.Saravanan, GA For R2 & R3 : Mrs.R.L.Karthika, GA For R4 : Mr.P.Srinivas (iv)In respect of unauthorised occupants, the respondents 1 to 4 have to initiate all further actions to recover the arrears of rent or otherwise, due to the Municipality by following the procedures as contemplated under the relevant statute or by invoking the provisions of Revenue Recovery Act, as the case may be.