The Centre has approved the proposal for appointment of Justice Brijesh Sethi, Justice B. Amit Sthalekar, Justice M Sathyanarayana & Justice (Retd) Sudhir Agarwal for the post of Judicial Member in National Green Tribunal.
The Appointment Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the proposal for appointment of;
1- Justice Brijesh Sethi, former Judge Delhi High Court.
2- Justice B. Amit Sthalekar, Judge Allahabad High Court.
3- Justice M. Sathyanarayanan, Judge Madras High Court.
4- Justice Sudhir Agarwal, Former Judge Allahabad High Court.
They shall be appointed in the pay scale of Rs 2,25,000/- for a period of 04 years w.e.f. the Date of their assumption of charge of the post or upto attaining the age of 65 years, or until further orders, whichever is earliest.
Their appointments were notified by the Department of Personnel and Training under the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension.
Justice Brijesh Sethi is the Former Judge of the Delhi High Court. He has rejected the appeals by acquitted accused persons’ in the 2G scam case alleging that the CBI’s appeal in the matter was not duly filed as the requisite sanction was not obtained by the investigating body.
He is also a trained Mediator and a trainer as well and worked as Judge-in-charge Mediation and successfully mediated 3631 cases with 95% success rate. Got elevated as permanent Judge of High Court of Delhi on 27th May, 2019. He retired on 30/11/2020.
Justice B. Amit Sthalekar Graduated in Law from Allahabad University in 1983.
- Enrolled as an Advocate on Apr 18, 1983.
- Practised in Civil, Service and Constitutional sides at Allahabad High Court.
- Worked as Standing Counsel for Railway from 1986 to 2011 and for DOT and BSNL from 1991 till elevation, as Counsel for Union of India from 1991 to 2003 and for CAG of India and AG Office U.P. from 1991 till elevation.
- Served as Special Counsel for High Court and Subordinate Judiciary from 2004 till elevation and Addl. Chief Standing Counsel from Sep 2007 to Apr 2009.
- Elevated as Additional Judge on Nov 21, 2011.
- Took oath as Permanent Judge on Aug 06, 2013.
- Date of Retirement- 24/12/2020.
Justice M Sathyanarayanan (born 10 June 1959) is a judge of the Madras High Court. He was the third judge chosen to deliver the verdict in the Tamil Nadu MLA disqualification case.
Also Read: Ensuring Data Residency and Portability
Sudhir Agarwal is the former Judge of the Allahabad High Court. He was retired earlier this year on 23/04/2020. He is also known as the Judge who decided highest number of cases in Asia. He had set a record by fixing one lakh forty thousand sixty cases during his tenure.