The Department of Financial Services under the Union Ministry of Finance on Friday with the help of the National Informatics Centre has introduced online hearings via video conferencing in five debt recovery tribunals across the country keeping in mind the objective of social distancing in order to combat the pandemic of Covid-19.
Initially, DRT-3 Delhi, DRT-3 Kolkata, DRT Dehradun, DRT-1 Chennai and DRT-3 Mumbai have been identified for providing this facility. The following pre-requisite measures have to be taken by the Registrars of the concerned DRTs in order to implement hearing of cases through VC-
- Ensure availability of laptop with camera, internet and headphone with mike etc.
- Identify urgent or important cases filed.
- Finalize modalities for creating causelists of matters to be heard through VC.
- Scheduling VC links and circulating them participants.
- Generating daily order sheets and ensure it is uploaded on e-DRT.
The letter states that the Registrars of all the concerned DRTs will function as nodal officers for conducting hearings via video conferencing and the Registrars have also been directed to ensure the overall co-ordination within their jurisdiction for allotment of VC slots to any other DRTs under their jurisdiction.